Thursday 17 September 2015

Writing competition: Bird and Cat - Toby


I am a ginger cat and my story began when I heard the front door shut. I knew my owners were home. I ran over to them but when I saw what they were holding I was shocked. It was a bird. A stupid, annoying bird. I hate birds very much. I will never change my mind about them.

Once my owners put the cage down on the table they walk out of the room. I climbed onto the table and walked up to it. "Hello." It said. I was shocked. How dare it think about talking to me, I am the boss and I will always be. "I don't know who you are but I am the boss around here so what I say, you do." I snarl.
Suddenly a big flame of fire bursted out of the kitchen. Before I knew it the whole house was on fire. I didn't know what to do. I looked back at where the bird was, but it was gone.
I jumped down of the table and tried to rush out of the front door but a large block of wood fell of the ceiling onto my furry tail. I could not escape. I was stuck. I thought I was going to die when all of a sudden the bird swooped in and lifted the piece of wood of my tail. It saved me. I could not believe it!

We both rushed out of the house and was safe and sound. "Why did you save me?" I asked  in confusion. "I wanted to be your friend." It replied.

From then on we become best friends. We still talk about what happened that day and it still amazes how I could ever become best friends with a bird.















By Toby, Ben and Zeke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be posted after it has been moderated.